AGP Ep 13: Hasan Anjum—The power of diversity and lifelong learning
Hasan Anjum has a broad technical background starting as a Software Engineer working his way up to lead transformation programs within South Australian government. In this episode, hear about Hasan’s journey and the challenges he faced.
What did you think?
Spread the love!
If you enjoyed the episode, you can help us by doing one or more of the following...
Subscribe via email
Give us feedback
Thank you for your honesty. How can we improve?
- Influence and importance matrix for mapping out stakeholder relationships
- Hasan’s GovHack 2016 entry
- The Magic of Thinking Big—David J. Schwartz
- The One Minute Manager—Ken Blanchard
- Jim Rohn videos
- Please subscribe, comment, share and review the episodes, it will make a big difference to our ability to continue with these. Thank you!
- Music by David Cutter
- Openness to experience: taking opportunities and learning along the way
- How to manage different stakeholders in a project
- The role of a leader in technical projects
- Learning and growth are processes that never end
- 0:58 What were you doing before getting into technology?
- 6:22 Tell us a little bit about your opportunity at the UN?
- 20:00 Do you think the translation you make in real lime really helps in terms of clarifying your thinking and your communication?
- 23:01 How did you start working with the UN?
- 34:52 Were there lessons in leadership in your view from cricket?
- 40:29 How did you convince your wife about the UN transition?
- 51:51 Why do you say you were not a good project manager?
- 2:08 “Telling yourself ‘you’re not ready, wait for it, and get yourself perfect’ is the wrong way to go” —Hasan Anjum
- 5:14 “You understand your strengths and weaknesses at the moment, take on an opportunity and learn as you go” —Hasan Anjum
- 33:17 “Money is a really short-term motivator for leadership because it’s a really hard job” —Andrew Ramsden
- 33:37 “One of the principles of being a leader is to share the spotlight” —Hasan Anjum
- 41:28 “It is important to look at the challenges we have in our lives as opportunities” —Hasan Anjum
- 43:14 “When you get into leadership roles, it’s all political” —Hasan Anjum
- 53:58 “As a leader, you have to improve the average rating of the entire team” —Hasan Anjum
- 55:10 “If you can make yourself redundant, then you are free to move on to the next big thing” —Andrew Ramsden
- 1:17:15 “Leadership is not only exercised at the top level” —Hasan Anjum